Sleep Deprived

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm Just Waiting For the Principal to Call and Tell Me She's Already Been Suspended

My baby started Kindergarten today. She wore the outfit we bought months ago just for this day, and took her brand-new pink imitation leather, rhinestone studded, Super Girl backpack complete with water bottle.

We walked to the classroom together hand in hand. She was so excited and chatty, and I was trying my best not to cry. As soon as we got to the door, she turned around and said, "Bye Mom."

Nuh uh, no way kid. I spent 6 years both waiting for and dreading this moment, dammit. I walked her INTO the classroom, kissed her, hugged her, and embarrassed her like any decent mom should. Hey, at least I wasn't recording her every move on a camcorder like some parents were.

For about a minute, I just stood there fighting back tears. Then the feeling passed and I wanted to shout, "We're FREEEEEEEE!!! Martinis and Margaritas at my place!"


7 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger kim said...

wow, she's a big girl now :) happy first day at school!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger greekchickie said...

LOL ~ you're such a funny Mom.

M~

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Marianna! Why can't I get to your blog?

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger iBrett said...

Great masthead, Maria. It looks great––a nice addition to your blog.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

LOVE the new look. HAH!


I can't believe she's in school already. oiy.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

love the blog look! And she is so grown up now! And how were the margaritas??? MMMMMMMMMMMM

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh she looks so cute all fabulous in pink! Is she enjoying school?

PS. I am not sure if you left the message on my blog re me not blogging about Furzl... but since you the only Maria I know... LOL

Well, I do not blog about Furzl as we are no longer together. That is the long and short of it, I guess. Our divorce should be final in the next three months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home